Bioponica takes commercial aquaponics and organic hydroponic farming to a new level of sustainability.
For a commercial scaled efficient farming business Bioponica offers Boxcar Farms.
Boxcar Farms™ are fully outfitted, customized, turnkey commercial aquaponics and organic hydroponics systems. The exact configurations vary, though they all include an array of vertical, soilless, Biogarden™ grow modules. These are used to efficiently farm organic plants, fish, earthworms and worm castings. The options consist of between one and 5 container cars that are placed on the periphery of the grow beds. This plus additional features are available to match the goals of the client. The containers available from Bioponica include:
- Cafe and Juice Bar – Serving organic salads, soups and organic juices on-site and fresh daily.
- Residential Container – Living quarters for site operator
- Food Prep Kitchen – Frozen Juice Pops making facility with farm raised wheat grass.
- The NPK Brewery™ – Bioponica’s process for brewing organic liquid fertilizer, teas and farming earthworm castings.
- Biofarmacy™ – A CO2 extraction facility for making nutritional extracts from farmed goods including medical marijuana oils, terpenes, essential oils and other therapeutic plant compounds.
The Bioponica mission is to develop sustainable farming systems and processes that recycle water and waste and make use of natural sunlight for photosynthesis, rainwater and solar heat.
The client benefits with a product that goes from farm to retail and farm to fork in one location. If operated utilizing natural resources and built in features, growers will have a sustainable farm that is sequesters CO2 and local area discards and eliminates the need for municipal water, manufactured chemicals, fertilizers or fish feed. It is sustainable because it assures higher profits, a better product and a healthier community.
The Boxcar Farm™ growing system and outfitted containers are customized to clients specifications and may be shipped worldwide.
What is bioponics?
As pioneers of bioponics, we believe that 3 key features define bioponics. Tow of the three conditions distinguish it from hydroponics and aquaponics:
- It is soilless, utilizing one or more of the following techniques media beds, NFT, deep water culture with or without air layer technique,
- Always 100% organic, No chemical fertilizers. No manufactured fish feeds containing grains and or fish meal.
- Fish are optional. Herbivore fish such as tilapia and craw fish do particularly well in bioponic systems, though they are treated more like pond fish, deriving nutrients from biomass teas and aquatic plants such as algae and duckweed. Raising fish is an option but dependency on fish waste is a aquaponics method, not bioponics. Instead, the use of fertilizer teas or otherwise forms of organic nutrients.
Bioponica utilizes systems that allow for nutrient cycling, providing growers organic liquid fertilizers on site, on demand, 24/7.
Because plants are bioponic growers greatest priority, we believe the focus must be on providing target concentrations of plant derived liquid fertilizers with concentrations attained independent of fish.
Bioponica integrates modular scalable Biogarden™ for growing and small to large fertilizer extraction systems with the NPK Brewery™ and the Nutricycler to assure that bioponics is more efficient, viable adn better on the environment. Our approach makes it possible to grow plants efficiently by recyclng waste, conserving water and creating fertilizers on site.
Our definition of bioponics is that it is similar to hydroponics because it is soilless but different as it must be organic. Bioponics is similar to aquaponics in that fish are allowed, but different in that it operates independently of fish.
Bioponics is a sustainable alternative to aquaponics and hydroponics.
A comprehensive Boxcar Farm™ includes a container cars outfitted to improve farming sustainability. The NPK Brewery™ is available independently.
Frozen Juice Bar™ Kitchen
Fully equipped container car for making organic wheat grass and fruit popsicles
The NPK Brewery™
Making organic liquid fertilizer to improve sustainability for large commercial hydroponics, commercial aquaponics and in-ground small farm operation.
A turnkey medical marijuana processing extraction facility. Houses supercritical CO2 extraction equipment and kitchen
For smaller gardens, Bioponica offers its modular systems in all sizes, vertically and horizontally!
The Biogarden is available in a range of sizes ranging from 4′ feet in length to 20′. It is sold in single width or double and can be easily managed on one, two, three or four vertical levels of growing.
The different sizes make it practical for growers preferences including small scale indoor growing, beginners and k-12 classrooms, for backyard aquaponics enthusiasts and small university research departments. Commercial aquaponics growers will enjoy high yield and low effort with the larger models which can achieve a 400% square foot space utilization.
Bioponica customizes the Biogarden for larger growing operations depending on the type of plant raised, the preferred growing technique and the different weather and sunlight conditions.
- Growing heavy feeding plants including tomatoes, peppers and medical marijuana!
- Growing wheat grass a superfood for people and high value animal fodder with high nutritious value.
- Vertical farming assures optimized square foot space utilization for outdoor and indoor commercial aquaponics.
- Supports all techniques of soilless farming, at once – Deep water culture, flood and drain, ebb and flow and NFT nutrient film technique
- Ideal for growing duckweed, a high protein, high starch, low fiber self reproducing animal feed with great potential for humans too!
- Minimal labor, high yield, low energy, water conserving, organic farming
- The Biogarden is also good for farming earth worms, making organic liquid fertilizers and practicing aquaculture of fin fish, fish fry and crustaceans
The NPK Nutricycler™ 5G
With the Nutricycler™ 5G growers can make to 55 gallon batches of liquid fertilizer, worm casting tea and compost teas.
No more spending ridiculous amounts money for petro chemical fertilizers with organic hydroponic farming!
No need to purchase Purina fish feed when these fish eat grass! Decomposed grass and duckweed are sufficient to feed fish organically!
NPK Nutricycler™ allows gardeners to recycle many sources of biomass into a high nitrate low ammonia organic diy fertilizer. Works for organic hydroponics and aquaponics as well as in-ground growing.
Common sources of fertilizer tea that may be used for making high potency NPK fertilizers include:
- Grasses, weeds and cover crops
- Wood ashes
- Spent brewery grains
- Coffee grounds
- Human urine
- Kudzu leaves
- Comfrey leaves and roots
A typical liquid hydroponic fertilizer has a PPM of 150 nitrogen, 50 phosphorus and 250 of potassium.
To create a diy fertilizer with the NPK Nutricycler™ a simple fertilizer tea recipe is as follows:
- 40 gallons of water
- 25lbs of freshly cut grass.
After running through the Nutricyler™ the NPK PPM is approximately 211:65:500 Click here to Learn More!